Six receive Quality Service Awards
Six staff members from the Associate Vice President for Finance (AVPF) office were honored with Quality Service Awards Jan. 14 for their outstanding contributions to the unit. They are:
• Rebecca DunlavyPurchasing
• Nannette WencelMichigan Business Services
• Roger MeyersMichigan Business Services
• Jacqueline WalendzikFinancial Operations
• Kathleen CorrellFinancial Operations
• Kellie ChallengerPurchasing
Recipients of the awards were chosen from a larger pool of employees honored with "Spirit of Excellence" awards, which means they already had been identified as team members who:
• Perform exceptionally
• Provide outstanding customer service
• Display creativity and initiative in the workplace
• Continuously improve in ways that result in a productive and effective work environment
• Meet special needs
• Contribute substantially to the success of the department's goals.
Quality awards are reserved for a few employees whose nominators provide detailed, descriptive examples of the employee's actions that demonstrate these characteristics. The recipients are chosen by an AVPF committee comprised of staff who are not members of senior management.
"The contributions by these awardees of the AVPF Quality Service Awards demonstrate real personal commitment by these staff to the support of their colleagues, the University community and our business partners," says Peggy Norgren, associate vice president for finance. "They exemplify the values of the organization by going the extra length to support others. We applaud the contributions of these individuals."
The six award winners were honored at a special luncheon held at Inglis House. They received a plaque and a cash award.