A search advisory committee has been appointed by Provost Teresa Sullivan and Provost-Designate Phil Hanlon to identify recommended candidates for the dean of the Stephen M. Ross School of Business.
Gerald Davis, the Wilbur K. Pierpont Collegiate Professor of Management and professor of management and organizations in the Ross School, is serving as chair of the committee that will meet for the first time on Wednesday.
Other members of the search advisory committee, who are from the Ross School unless otherwise noted, include:
• Melanie Barnett, senior executive director, Executive Education
• Paula Caproni, lecturer of management and organizations; academic director, Executive Skills Program
• Amy Dittmar, associate professor of finance
• Thomas Jones, The Hagerty Group Inc.; alumnus
• John Kennedy, president/CEO, Autocam Corporation; alumnus
• Robert Kennedy, Tom Lantos Professor of Business Administration; executive director, William Davidson Institute
• M.S. Krishnan, Michael R. and Mary Kay Hallman Fellow; professor of business information technology; and chair, Department of Business Information Technology
• Francine Lafontaine, professor of business economics and public policy and chair, Business Economics, Ross School; professor of economics, LSA
• William Lanen, professor of accounting and chair, Department of Accounting
• William Lovejoy, Raymond T. Perring Family Professor of Business Administration, professor of operations and management science
• David Morlock, senior associate director, U-M Hospitals & Health Centers; chief financial officer, U-M Health System
• Marco Oropeza, business administration BBA student
• Wade Rakes, MBA student and president, Black Business Students’ Association
• Cindy Schipani, Merwin H. Waterman Collegiate Professor of Business Administration, professor of business law and chair, Department of Law, History and Communication
• David Wooten, associate professor of marketing
The search advisory committee may be reached at the following e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert Dolan announced at the end of March that he would step down as the Edward J. Frey Dean of the Ross School when his second term ends on June 30, 2011.
“Dean Dolan’s leadership and vision have literally transformed the school into one of the elite business schools in the world,” Sullivan says. “He will leave a legacy that positions the Ross School to continue its tradition of excellence. We are looking forward to working with him as he concludes his deanship while continuing to contribute to the broader campus utilizing his considerable skills as an administrator, a scholar and a visionary leader.”
James Plocki, strength and conditioning coach, Department of Athletics, on meeting his wife at work: “Neither of us had intentions of starting families here. Now we never plan on leaving.”