President Mary Sue Coleman has appointed a search advisory committee for the next vice president and general counsel.
Sally Churchill, vice president and secretary of the university, will chair the committee, which, with the assistance of the legal recruiting firm of Major, Lindsey & Africa, will conduct a national search. The committee will present recommended candidates to the president as soon as possible.
Other members of the search advisory committee include:
• Laura Blake Jones, associate vice president for student affairs and dean of students.
• Paul Castillo, chief financial officer, U-M Health System.
• David Leitch, group vice president and general counsel, Ford Motor Co.
• Marie Lynn Miranda, dean, School of Natural Resources and Environment.
• Leonard Niehoff, professor from practice, Law School.
Lisa Connolly, project manager, Office of the President, will act as president’s liaison to the search and can accept suggestions or nominations for candidates by email to email@example.com.
Vice President and General Counsel Suellyn Scarnecchia stepped down from her position May 31 to return to the faculty at the Law School, and Debra Kowich, associate general counsel, began an appointment as interim vice president and general counsel, effective June 1.
Information about the search will be posted at www.umich.edu/pres/committees/vpgc.php.
Mark Haviland, program manager, Center for Campus Involvement, on working with students to produce a show: “I have a real ‘show-must-go-on’ mentality. It will happen … I’m a cheerleader.”
Orson Welles New Acquisitions exhibit, Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library, Special Collections Library, through June.