Editor’s note: The following holiday season closings and special hours were submitted by university departments and units. For updated information or questions, contact them directly.
Hours are 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 20, 7 a.m.-2 a.m. Dec. 21, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 22, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 23, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. On Dec. 26-28, only Barnes and Noble, STA Travel and Subway will be open. Closed Dec. 29-Jan. 1, open 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Jan. 2-7, regular schedule resumes 7 a.m.-2 a.m. Jan. 8.
The building will be close at 5 p.m. Dec. 21 and reopen at 7 a.m. to regular hours Jan. 2.
Hours are 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Dec. 17-18, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 19-21, closed Dec. 22-23, open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25, open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 31, closed Jan. 1, open 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Jan. 2-4 and 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Jan. 5-6.
The Winter Break schedule for most ITS offices is 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 24, closed for the break, and reopening Jan. 2. Report critical service outages to 764-HELP.
• The ITS Service Center closes at 3 p.m. Dec. 24 and reopens at 7 a.m. Jan. 2. For system status information, go to status.its.umich.edu. For administrative system availability information, go to www.mais.umich.edu/systeminfo/hours.html.
• Most Campus Computing Sites are closed for the break. The Michigan Union computing site will be accessible around the clock. For a complete listing of closures, go to www.itcs.umich.edu/sites/labs/hours.php.
• Computer Showcase at the Michigan Union closes at 3 p.m. Dec. 24 and reopens at 9 a.m. Jan. 2. The Pierpont Commons store is closed Dec. 24-Jan. 2. Computer repair and consulting services follow the Computer Showcase schedule for both locations. Repairs dropped off on or after Dec. 17 may not be completed prior to the holiday break. No check-in repairs are accepted Dec. 19-Jan. 2; consultants will be in for pick-ups during scheduled holiday store hours. Repair times may be affected by demand on delivery services resulting in possible delays in shipping of replacement parts.
• The ITS Comm Customer Service Center closes at 3 p.m. Dec. 24 and reopens at 8 a.m. Jan. 2. Emergency voice, data or video repair requests should be reported to 734-647-8888. Select emergency option, then select voice, video or data and an operator will take information and dispatch technicians. For non-emergency voice, data or video repair requests, call 734-647-8888, select the non-emergency option, then select voice, video or data and leave a message. Recorded requests are handled beginning Jan. 2. Any changes to this schedule will be posted at www.itcom.itd.umich.edu/.
• Information and Infrastructure Assurance is on call through Winter Break. To report IT security incidents including data breaches, send email with security incident specifics to email@example.com.
PTS suggests using Google Transit Planner at www.pts.umich.edu.to plan trips during the holiday period.
U-M Transit Services: There is no bus service Dec. 25 or Jan.1. Regular U-M campus and U-M Health System bus service is modified as follows:
• Commuter: Regular service will run through Dec. 21. There is no service Dec. 22-Jan. 1. Service will resume Jan. 2.
• Northwood Express and Diag to Diag Express routes are suspended at the end of service Dec. 11. Both routes will resume when classes resume Jan. 9.
• Northwood regular service will run through Dec. 21 and will resume Jan. 2. From Dec. 22-31, Northwood buses will run every 40 minutes and will follow the Winter Break schedule. For more details, go to schedules posted at www.pts.umich.edu. On Dec. 24, Northwood buses will run every 40 minutes from 7:35 a.m.-6:15 p.m. See the Dec. 24 schedule at www.pts.umich.edu for departure times.
• Bursley, Baits and Oxford: Regular service will run through Dec. 20 and will resume Jan. 6.
• UMHS routes (Med Express, UMHS Intercampus and Research Link): Regular service will run through Dec. 21 and resume Jan. 2.
• From Dec. 24-28 and on Dec. 31, a special Parking Loop will run between 6:20 a.m.-6 p.m. between the Mitchell Field and Fuller Road North Lots, and from/to a stop on Ann Street between Zina Pitcher and Glen Avenue, to facilitate those using Ann, Catherine and Glen Parking Structures. It will not serve the Wall St. or NIB stops. Check departure schedule at www.pts.umich.edu. Regular Glazier Way parkers are encouraged to use Ann, Catherine or Glen parking structures, no permit required. There will be no service to Glazier Way or to the Crisler area commuter lots after Dec. 22-Jan. 1.
• Paratransit Service: Regular service will be available through Dec. 21 and will resume on Jan. 2. All U-M buses are accessible.
• Fleet Services will close at 5 p.m. Dec. 21 and reopen at 6:30 a.m. Jan. 2. Vehicles to be rented over this period will need to be picked-up prior to closing on Dec. 21. The Fleet Services office telephone, 734-764-3427, will be forwarded to an informational voice recording.
Service Stations: The Service Station at Baxter Road will remain in service throughout season days. The Kipke Drive site will be accessible on a limited basis, as the gates for the SC10 Lot will be closed during non-operational hours.
The PTS Fleet Garage will close at 12:30 a.m. Dec. 22 and reopen at 7 a.m. Jan. 2. For vehicle emergencies when the garage is closed, contact the Department of Public Safety at 734-763-1131. Calls will be returned by a garage supervisor.
Parking enforcement will be suspended for permits and meter fees in all U-M parking areas except the Cancer Center Parking Structure (P1), Taubman North Parking Structure (P2), Taubman South Parking Structure (P3), Simpson/Mott Parking Structure (P4) and Cardiovascular Parking Structure (P5) from 5 p.m. Dec. 21-6 a.m. Jan. 2. This does not apply to City of Ann Arbor parking areas.
• Orange Lots M75 & NC78 on Fuller Road will be available for parking Dec. 24, Dec. 26-28 and on Dec. 31 with a special Parking Loop bus to/from the Medical Campus provided every 20 minutes from 6:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., and every 10 minutes from 6:20-7:20 a.m.
• The Parking Loop bus will also serve a bus stop on Ann St. for those who would like to park in the Catherine, Ann, Glen and Palmer Parking Structures, on the same days, hours and frequency as listed in the above bulleted item.
• Medical Campus evening and night shift staff with non-AVI permits (Yellow and Orange) who cannot be accommodated by the Parking Loop bus service will be allowed to park at the Taubman North Structure (P2 only) during the holiday break, Dec. 24-Jan. 1. Staff must exit via a visitor lane and show their Orange or Yellow Permit to the parking attendant for free exit.
• Patient and visitor parking at the Cancer Center Parking Structure (P1), Taubman North Parking Structure (P2), Simpson/Mott Parking Structure (P4) and the Cardiovascular Parking Structure (P5) will continue normal operations throughout the holiday season, except Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, when parking will be free. Patient and visitor parking at the Fletcher & Palmer structures will be free throughout season days Dec. 24-Jan. 1.
Go to www.theride.org for AATA service changes during the holiday season.
Dec. 14 is the deadline for units to submit requests to UMS for U.S. Postal Services mail delivery or metering needs during season days. Submit requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Standard Permit mail to be processed and mailed before the holiday break must be at UMS by 5 p.m. Dec. 14. Mail must be dropped off at UMS by 5 p.m. Dec. 19 to be postmarked before Dec. 25. UMS will be closed Dec. 24-31.
The office will be closed Dec. 24-Jan. 1. Other university offices that may need to be involved in proposal processing may be closed or working with reduced staff on or before Dec. 24. Make arrangements with the appropriate project representatives well in advance to ensure sufficient time for handing deadline materials. ORSP will reopen Jan. 2.
The office will be open 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25-27, open 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 28, closed Dec. 31-Jan. 1, and open for normal business hours 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Jan. 2.
Call 734-647-2059 to reach the Plant Operations Call Center for maintenance requests, including custodial service, groundskeeping and parking maintenance; 911 to report crimes and emergencies to University Police; and 734-763-1131 to contact university police for other non-emergency issues.
• Turn off all unused office equipment such as computers, monitors, printers, fans, coffee pots and task lighting, and unplug chargers for cell phones and PDAs. Set thermostats by the building manager’s recommendations. Close windows to save energy and prevent water pipes and sprinkler heads from freezing.
• Building Managers should provide Building Automation Systems with schedule information via email at PO-BLDGAUTOSYS@umich.edu, or phone at 734-763-4013 if facility ventilation should be turned on for special events or activities from 5 p.m. Dec. 24-1 a.m. Jan. 2. Ventilation service for animal rooms and research areas with fume hoods or special ventilation requirements will operate normally. Close fume hoods and where available switch them to low or unoccupied.
The Key Office will close from 3:45 p.m. Dec. 24-7:30 a.m. Jan. 2. Building access problems during this time period should be reported to the Plant Operations Call Center at 734-647-2059.
The last day for regular custodial services is Dec. 21. Upon request, limited custodial service dedicated to common area and rest rooms can be provided Dec. 22-Jan. 2. Email a custodial service request to the Plant Operations Call Center at email@example.com as soon as possible. Waste and recyclables collection needs will be monitored and performed during season days as needed. Call the Plant Operations Call Center at 734-647-2059 with additional needs.
Call 734-764-4420 before Dec. 14 for approval of radioactive material deliveries on Dec. 24-28 or Dec. 31. Deliveries may be scheduled if lab staff are available to receive and properly secure them.
Collection of radioactive, chemical and medical/pathological waste will be conducted through Dec. 21 and resume Jan. 2. Call 734-763-4568 before Dec. 14 to request special collections. Secure all chemicals and experiments before leaving and make sure hood sashes are closed.
Most campus offices are closed for the holiday break Dec. 22-Jan. 1.
Bookstore Hours are 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 21, closed Dec. 22-Jan. 1, open 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Jan. 2 and 3, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Jan. 4, and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 5.
Mardigian Library Building Hours are 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 20 and 8 a.m.-noon Dec. 21. The library is closed Dec. 22-Jan. 1. It will be open 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Jan. 2-4 and closed Jan. 5-6. The library computer lab is closed Dec. 22-Jan. 6.
The Computing Wing Lab is closed from Dec. 22-Jan. 1, open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Jan. 2-4 and noon-5 p.m. Jan. 5 and 6.
The University Center is open 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Dec. 19, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 20 and 21, closed Dec. 22-23, open 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25-Jan. 1, open 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Jan. 2, open 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Jan. 3, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Jan. 4, 7 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Jan. 5, and during regular hours Jan. 6.
Dining Service hours (Grill): 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 19, closed Dec. 20-Jan. 1, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 2-4, closed Jan. 5, and normal hours Jan. 6.
The University Pavilion is open 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 19-21, closed Dec. 22-23, open 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25, open 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 26-28, closed Dec. 29-Jan.1, open 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Jan. 2-4, and closed Jan. 5-6.
The University Bookstore and select pavilion restaurants will be open.
The Detroit Center will be closed from 5 p.m. Dec. 21-Jan. 1, and reopen at 8 a.m. Jan. 2.
Rita Barvinok, system administrator, LSA Biology, on putting on plays: “I had never done a play before, but when we did it for the first time, I realized how wonderful it was.”
Francis Alys “Guards,” U-M Museum of Art New Media Gallery, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday